colds and flu
Vitamin C and Bio-flavornoids
Contains: wildcrafted elderberries, rosehips, 9.5 Kangen Water, pure grain alcohol & love
This product has not been approved by the fda and makes no health claims.
- Rose - Rosa canina
- Exquisite, the rose is! Thorns & all, the thorns remind us of our journey & the gentleness that life can bring as well. The rosehip is waiting for you to partake of the Vitamin C that she offers. One of the best natural freely available sources. The hips will also help with mild gall-bladder problems, constipation as well as kidney & bladder conditions. The flower of Love has inspired poets & artists for centuries. The rose carries the highest vibration for those that are familiar with energy. Find rose in Grace, my Conscious wellbeing support line that evolved while I was in Northern Cal. According to Eastern traditions when a soul knocked at the door of the next world and all material things had to be left behind, only the red rose was allowed to accompany that soul over the threshold. Vitamin A, D, E flavonoids, lycopene & iron are available from the rosehip. Rose Water is fantastic for the face and is uplifting for the entire body. Rose oil is very expensive due to the number of roses needed to acquire it. Soaking your feet in rose petals has a antiinflamatory action while feeling like silk upon your feet. My favorite way to intake rosehips is by making a syrup which can be taken by the spoonful, used as a topping on sorbet or a spoonful added to a cup of tea.
- Elder ~ Sambucus nigra
- There is plenty of folklore about the elder tree. It is said to be full of magic and sacred. It is regarded as holy wood by some and believed that it will never be struck by lightning, it is grown near the English cottages to protect them from witches and evil. The gypsies say the whole plant is importnt to man so they will never burn it and woe to the one that sets fire to it. In Denmark, it is believed that if you stand under an elder tree on Midsummer's Eve you will see the King of Fairyland and all the fairies Pregnant women kiss the tree for good luck for the baby and some put it under their pillows for a restful sleep. The Serbs would take a stick to a wedding ceremony for good luck but that was ton only time it would be taken into a house or else it was bad luck. In Poland, the elder tree was the place to bury your sins so the tree would absorb them with its power The hollow branches were used as pop guns by children and also as the pan-pipe instrument from which its Greek name comes from....Sambucus meaning sambuke(pan-pipe) and nigra referring to the berries. Summer arrives in the land when the white flowers bloom and summer ends when the berries ripen to purple black. Medicinally the properties of this tree consists of:
- • Bark or Root - purgative, emetic or diuretic
- • Leaves - externally used as an emollient or vulnerary, internally used as a purgative, expectorant, & diuretic
- • Flowers - diaphorectic, anticattarrhal, & pectoral • Berries - daphorectic, diurectic & laxative The Native Americans used the plant for infections, coughs and skin conditions. The elder flowers are best known for the treatment in colds and flu (although the berries have been marketed the most). Combined with peppermint or hyssop it works well for colds and fever. Combined with boneset works well for the flu. When used at the beginning stages of measles it can speed up the process of the virus and lead to a faster recovery. The flowers can be added to 6.0pH Kangen water to aid in the toner quality. The flowers also can be added to cheesecake and champagne for an elegant dinner party. The berries make great jam, jelly and hair dye. They also make a medicinal wine, syrup and a tincture. The leaves have been used as a mosquito repellent as well as for wounds, sprains, bruises aand swollen joints. The roots and bark are very potent, best not used unless under strict care with a professional.